Please find below links to stall holders form for the Highland Gathering 2021
Our thanks to everyone (more than 150 people) who took part in the Harpenden Lion Trail Easter Challenge, which raised over £900 towards our Life Skills Programme for Children and Young People. The participants who completed the Challenge were rewarded with Easter Eggs donated by the members of Harpenden Lions Club and we received lots of messages saying how enjoyable the Lion Trail was. For those who were not able to complete the Trail and send us their answers before the closing date, a complete list of answers can be found here.
The Easter Eggs that were not claimed by Trail participants will be donated to local good causes.
Families – here’s something a little different as we head towards Easter – sign up to the Lion Trail Easter Challenge and with the aid of your phone’s location tracking, find answers to the 20 clues at the locations marked by a lion (clicking on a Lion icon shows the clue number and the clue).
The route is approximately 6.5 km and you can start and finish at any point. Allow 2 – 2 ½ hours, but you do not have to complete the trail in a single session.
Sign up here between 8th and 30th March to receive the GoogleMaps link and clue sheet. Follow the trail in your own time and send us your answers by Monday 5th April to win an egg (one egg per entry). Entries cost £5.
Please note the following:
• You are welcome to sign up to follow the Lion Trail after 30 March (and before 5 April). However, although we will do our best, we cannot guarantee the availability of Easter Eggs for these later bookings.
• Easter Eggs will be delivered to the doorstep of homes in Harpenden. For those living elsewhere, Easter Eggs will be made available for collection from one of our Harpenden Lions.
• The answers to the clues will be published on the Harpenden Lions Club website after Easter.
Your cart is currently empty
By participating you will also be supporting the Harpenden Lions Life Skills Programme that helps to fund the delivery of PSHE education to 10,000 children in 29 local schools. Since 1991 Harpenden Lions, through our Charitable Trust, have raised and donated over £250,000 to our local schools to help them purchase the resources and services they need.
Harpenden Lions Club and Harpenden Cares
This competition challenges young people to produce a design for a Christmas card that will be printed and sold in support of the charitable activities of Harpenden Cares (our local community led response to the coronavirus). The design theme is ‘Christmas in a Covid World’ and the judges will be looking for creative and colourful design ideas that celebrate the joy and cheer of Christmas, while also acknowledging the current coronavirus pandemic and its impact. For the rules of the competition please see below.
- The competition is organised and promoted by Harpenden Lions Club, with the approval of Harpenden Cares.
- Entries must be submitted online and will be judged by a panel of representatives from Harpenden Lions Club and Harpenden Cares.
- There are two age categories:
a) 9 and under
b) 10 to 16
There will be a single winner in each age group, who will receive a £25 gift voucher plus 10 Christmas cards of their own design. Entrants will be deemed to have given permission to Harpenden Lions Club and Harpenden Cares to freely reproduce their design.
- The theme of the card design competition is ‘Christmas in a Covid World’. Entrants should produce a colourful design that can be scaled to A5 or A6 size for printing (an aspect ratio of approximately 1.41:1) in either portrait or landscape orientation. Designs may be drawn, painted or produced digitally and must be suitable for high quality reproduction. Digital designs must be original and not use stock images or clip art.
- Entries should be scanned to produce a high resolution digital file using either PDF or JPEG format and emailed to email@example.com together with the entrant’s name, age and postcode and their parent or guardian’s email address and phone number. The closing date for entries is Sunday 15 November 2020. This email address can also be used to ask any specific questions about the competition, alternatively call the Harpenden Lions Helpline on 0345 833 7426.
- Harpenden Lions Club will convert the winning Christmas card designs into a format that is suitable for professional printing at A6 size, print the cards and underwrite the costs. The cards will include a greetings message inside and the name and age of the card designer on the back.
- The cards will be offered for sale in packs of 10 and the net proceeds will be donated to Harpenden Cares to support their charitable activities. Details of sales outlets and online ordering options will be posted on the Harpenden Lions Club website www.harpenden-lions.co.uk and elsewhere from early November.
With thanks to all entries to our competition we are pleased to announce the 9 winners in the 3 age categories. All winners received a certificate and prize voucher.
The standard of the entries was terrific and the judges from TASHE, The Art Society Harpenden Evening, said how much they enjoyed judging the entries even under difficult circumstances.
In addition to the winners the judges awarded 8 “Highly Commended“ entries which we will show shortly.
Our thanks again to all the entries and to the judges for their hard work