Highland Gathering Programmes are also available from: Harpenden Town Council; News 4 U; Southdown Hardware; Stage Door; Topkins Pharmacy; WHSmith Harpenden
Harpenden Lions Club and Harpenden Cares
This competition challenges young people to produce a design for a Christmas card that will be printed and sold in support of the charitable activities of Harpenden Cares (our local community led response to the coronavirus). The design theme is ‘Christmas in a Covid World’ and the judges will be looking for creative and colourful design ideas that celebrate the joy and cheer of Christmas, while also acknowledging the current coronavirus pandemic and its impact. For the rules of the competition please see below.
- The competition is organised and promoted by Harpenden Lions Club, with the approval of Harpenden Cares.
- Entries must be submitted online and will be judged by a panel of representatives from Harpenden Lions Club and Harpenden Cares.
- There are two age categories:
a) 9 and under
b) 10 to 16
There will be a single winner in each age group, who will receive a £25 gift voucher plus 10 Christmas cards of their own design. Entrants will be deemed to have given permission to Harpenden Lions Club and Harpenden Cares to freely reproduce their design.
- The theme of the card design competition is ‘Christmas in a Covid World’. Entrants should produce a colourful design that can be scaled to A5 or A6 size for printing (an aspect ratio of approximately 1.41:1) in either portrait or landscape orientation. Designs may be drawn, painted or produced digitally and must be suitable for high quality reproduction. Digital designs must be original and not use stock images or clip art.
- Entries should be scanned to produce a high resolution digital file using either PDF or JPEG format and emailed to email@example.com together with the entrant’s name, age and postcode and their parent or guardian’s email address and phone number. The closing date for entries is Sunday 15 November 2020. This email address can also be used to ask any specific questions about the competition, alternatively call the Harpenden Lions Helpline on 0345 833 7426.
- Harpenden Lions Club will convert the winning Christmas card designs into a format that is suitable for professional printing at A6 size, print the cards and underwrite the costs. The cards will include a greetings message inside and the name and age of the card designer on the back.
- The cards will be offered for sale in packs of 10 and the net proceeds will be donated to Harpenden Cares to support their charitable activities. Details of sales outlets and online ordering options will be posted on the Harpenden Lions Club website www.harpenden-lions.co.uk and elsewhere from early November.
With thanks to all entries to our competition we are pleased to announce the 9 winners in the 3 age categories. All winners received a certificate and prize voucher.
The standard of the entries was terrific and the judges from TASHE, The Art Society Harpenden Evening, said how much they enjoyed judging the entries even under difficult circumstances.
In addition to the winners the judges awarded 8 “Highly Commended“ entries which we will show shortly.
Our thanks again to all the entries and to the judges for their hard work
You will receive a confirmation email with a transaction ID, please bring the email with you to the Gathering where it will be exchanged for programmes at the gate.
Please check your spam folder for the email.
Online programme sales have now closed. You can still purchase programmes on the gate at the event.
We hope to see you there
Highland Gathering Programmes are also available from: Co-op Batford; Harpenden Town Council; News 4 U; Southdown Hardware; Stage Door; Topkins Pharmacy; WHSmith Harpenden
Online programme sales are currently closed, but you will be able to purchase programmes here soon.